Monday, December 13, 2010

Chinn Chinn Asian Bistro

It's not hard to find a good restaurant. Pretty much every town has one, but not every town has a great restaurant.  In a small town West of Kalamazoo called Mattawan resides a gift to gluttony.  Chinn Chinn Asian Bistro is one of those great restaurants that stands out among the many culinary creators in Southwest Michigan and one of my absolute favorites.  Chinn Chinn's is also my lovely wife's favorite place to eat.  She would be very unhappy with me if I went there and didn't bring her something home.  It's the perfect place to spend special occasions.  My wife and I have had many meaningful dinner dates with the great staff of Chinn Chinn's.  Everything I have ordered off Chinn Chinn's menu has been absolutely amazing. I have yet to get something I haven't absolutely loved.
Whether it be lunch or dinner, everything coming out of their kitchen is consistent and perfect.  Because this place is so great and so well loved you really need to get there about an hour earlier than you want to eat, maybe even earlier for dinner time.  They also allow you to order off menu, so if you want their absolutely incredible steak medallions in black bean Marsala sauce for lunch you can go ahead and ask for it.  Their steak medallions in black bean Marsala sauce is one of my favorite dishes of all time.  Recently I had lunch at Chinn Chinn's with some co-workers, which gave me the perfect opportunity to blog one of my favorite eateries ever.  Chinn Chinn's lunch menu is delightful in its simplicity: pick your meat, pick your sauce and pick two sides.  A menu that one would expect from a fast food style restaurant but done so incredibly well.  My boss started us out with a tasty Mongolian flat bread filled with wok, tossed vegetables and roasted pork, then covered with incredible sauce.  This flat bread appetizer could be eaten as a meal on it's own.
On this trip I ordered their beef with the Mongolian sauce and for the sides I went with sesame noodles and, of course, crab Rangoons.  I think it might be against the law to eat at an Asian style restaurant and not order crab Rangoons.  Chinn Chinn's makes the best crab Rangoons.  Their Mongolian beef is hands down best in town.  The meat is melt in your mouth succulent, and the sauce was exactly what the menu said it was going to be.  Every bite has an even flavor profile of garlic, black pepper, sweet and tangy BBQ and the slite heat from the blackened chilies.  If you live anywhere in the surrounding area you need to make your way to Chinn Chinn Asian Bistro.  When I have friends and family in town Chinn Chinn's is the place I take them too.  I have never heard anyone say anything negative about Chinn Chinn's and if I ever do, I think I will have to have some words with that person because Chinn Chinn's is the best!
http://www.chinnchinn.com/

1 comment:

  1. i can't figure this thing out. i thought i posted a comment, but it's not here. grr! sounds delish mike.

    ReplyDelete