Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Central City Tap House

The first restaurant I would like to talk about is the Central City Tap House.  The Tap house is a new restaurant which is located in the Epic Bistro and owned by the Millennium Group.  The menu is great, the atmosphere is very nice, beer and wine list is awesome and the service was great.
I haven't had a lot of their food menu yet I say yet because I will be going back.  I started with deviled eggs only because I have never been to a restaurant with deviled eggs on the menu.  They were traditional deviled eggs very creamy with delicious bacon cut lardon style on top one of the best deviled eggs ever.  I ordered the Saga Bleu Burger which was fantastic!  The burger patty is a four meat mix of short rib, brisket, tri tip and sirloin ordered medium rare, it was cooked perfect,  topped with double cream bleu brie served on a brioche bun it comes with all the toppings  but I ate it with out so I could get the full flavor of the meat and bleu brie.  Absolutely incredible burger! The salt and pepper kettle cooked chips served on the side was actually a good idea for a side.  
A friend of mine ordered the Hawaiian Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwich I have to say it left a little to be desired on the BBQ side of things but the pork was cooked beautifully this sandwich has a lot of potential.
My wife ordered the Caesar Salad with lemon-garlic shrimp it was...... ok, the shrimp was great but salad needed more substance.
Over all I really enjoyed the place and I really want to try the Tap House Mac&Cheese, so I will be back but only around pay days.  My bill was $96.00 including tip!  http://www.millenniumrestaurants.com/epicbistro.php?ID=69

1 comment:

  1. Umm yumm! I will have to try tap house when I come back for visits.

    ReplyDelete