Thursday, August 19, 2010

Erbelli's


My wife and I decided to order in tonight.  Didn't really want to go out and for once I was to lazy to cook.  We ordered Erbelli's.  We have had Erbelli's countless times before their pizza is great (for gourmet pizza that is but pizza is a conversation for another day), but tonight I wanted to try something I haven't tried from them before.  I ordered an Italian-Style Meatball Sub I love meatball subs so I have high standards.  Erbelli's slices there meatballs which it was the first time I have ever seen this so I'm not sure if it should be called a "meatball" sub.  The Italian portion of the sandwiches name did not disappoint Erbelli's has a wonderful marinara sauce and used a generous amount mozzarella top the whole thing off with some chewy Italian bread and the sub even with it's slices of "meatballs" was quite good.  The "meatballs" tasted great I expected the slices to be dry but they were not at all.  The pizza sauce had a wonderful oregano flavor with a hint of black pepper and plenty of garlic.  Over all good sub.
My wife ordered The "All Mine" Wrap with the spicy Q-It Up chicken.  I only had a taste of the chicken which was nice with a smokey flavor and a low back heat maybe to smoky though.  Jessie, my wife said it was good but the chicken was to smokey for the wrap.  I have to agree the chicken was really smokey the smoke flavor hung around on my pallet for awhile.  Jessie said she would order the wrap again but with the crispy chicken instead.
Overall I will always be a fan of Erbelli's they have good pizza, wonderful pasta, awesome  artichoke dip, their wings are amazing and they deliver beer plus their affordable prices makes the place an absolute winner!

3 comments:

  1. Anywhere that delivers beer is 5 star in my book! Your blog makes me wish I lived closer so I could try Erbelli's for myself! I saw Kalamazoo on the map and it's not soooo far from Chicago so I may get there some day. Keep posting and I'll keep reading and hopefully some day we can try one of your local places together. Why am I craving wine and bread and garlic???

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly bobby boot juice (funny name btw)!

    ReplyDelete